Thursday, April 28, 2011

April Update - HE HAS RISEN!

Greetings,

I hope that you had a blessed Easter on Sunday! The past month has been quite eventful. I went from California to Mexico, then to Nevada, North Carolina and back to California. Oh, and in two days, I will be back in Nevada again!

Mexico
You may recall me telling you about the Grassroots News training seminar that I participated in at YWAM Tijuana, Mexico (if you weren't able to read it, click here). The training course went great! It was an awesome time of learning, growing, seeing old freinds and meeting many new friends!

RescueNet
After my time in Mexico, I drove straight over to the RescueNet US headquarters, which is located at YWAM Las Vegas. It was a great couple days spending time with a few of my teammates. This coming Friday, I will be heading back to Las Vegas to meet with all of the North American team members of RescueNet. We will be bonding as a team, sharpening up on some of our medical skills and doing some planning for the upcoming training course which will be held in Salem, Oregon, in October.

Leadership Conference
I returned home from my latest trip last week, which was in a small town called Flat Rock, North Carolina (near the "larger" city, Asheville). I had the amazing opportunity to be at a conference there with all of the leaders in YWAM from North America. We had two main speakers throughout the week (along with many breakout workshops). Fred Markert spoke first, who is a YWAMer that has been to over 150 countries in the past 30 years which has opened up doors for him to speak all around the world. Dan B. Allender, Ph.D, psychiatrist and author of over 10 books, spoke second. Dan Allender spoke about leadership and how we should lead in a loving and Godly way by being humbled and having a servant attitude when we lead. God calls us to lead like Him, which is opposite of how a lot of leaders in the world lead. Usually the leader is trying to get more power and leading to bennefit themselves. God wants us to lead with humility, a loving heart and with a servent attitude and to help those you are leading to succeed in what God has called them to do. This is how I want to lead!

God has really been teaching me a lot in the past month and He continues to equip me for what He has called me to do! It's such a blessing to be able to learn from the perfect leader and teacher, Jesus Christ!

Thank you to everyone who helped me go on these trips financially and of course for all of your prayers - I really appreciate it!

Blessings to you,



Tyler Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment